Friday, July 08, 2005

Before and after

Whoop dee doop dee doop diddly doo! My new bike is now in my possession. I'm so delighted to have it here in the flesh (or steel rather). On the left, is a picture of what it looked like naked, when I bought it and on the bottom-right is a picture of it now I've covered it in all the paraphernalia which ruins the look of an otherwise perfectly pleasant bike.

I'm so delighted to actually have my bike and can't wait to get a go on it. Here's what the bike comprises of:

  • Xero Tarmac audax wheels

  • Reynolds 631 steel audax frame

  • Campagnolo Veloce 10 speed groupset with a triple chainring (30/42/52) and sprockets of 13-29 (for the hills I love to loathe)

  • San Marco Rolls saddle
That's pretty much the main stuff covered and I'm sure it's of little enough interest to anyone but me as it is, without wittering further. Plus, you already know fine well about all the other bits I've bunged on it and it probably didn't make for the most riveting reading the first time round.

Here's hoping I enjoy riding it even more than I'm currently enjoying looking at it. It's a bike I plan on being able to use for quite a few years to come (although that doesn't necessarily mean I'll never want another one) and I'm hopeful it will live up to my desires.

Enough of this, I've Tour de France highlights to watch and a cycle to plan for tomorrow.

No comments: