Friday, July 08, 2005

CycliStats

The other week, I downloaded a free thirty days trial version of a little piece of software called CycliStats. Today, I finally got round to installing it.

Given the fact I've only got thirty trial days of it, I'm not going to get into typing loads of information and end up not being able to continue doing so in a month's time. There is, however, some demonstration information already in software so you can see how it works without having to input anything yourself. Looking at this information and the software in general, it seems reasonably in-depth. If anything, it's more than I could be bothered inputting every time I'm out cycling. I guess it's up to the individual to decide how much he/she wants to record and then to leave the other sections blank. I'm one of those people who would feel he has to input every little field of information possible and that would take quite some time. Putting my stats into BikeJournal is quite enough for me.

I would imagine it's a good resource for someone who is using cycling as training and wants to know how he/she is (hopefully) progressing. It includes information about fat percentages, body mass index, blood pressure, resting heart rates, cycle maintenance etc. etc. but really, you could just put all these into pretty much any database or spreadsheet software for yourselves.

Contained also within the software are links to various websites but this is fairly useless for me as these links almost exclusively relate to America specific shops, organisations and routes.

As it is free, I recommend downloading it (it's 18.2 megabytes in size) here. and making your own mind up. At fifty US dollars in price, it's not particularly expensive but it is more than I'm willing to pay for it.

No comments: