Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Kraftwerk cycle tops

Whilst, I knew it was possible to get Pink Floyd, AC/DC and Rolling Stones cycle jerseys, from Primal Wear, I have just discovered Kraftwerk 'Autobahn' and 'Tour de France' (among others) cycle jerseys are also available for purchase.

If you're interested in them, please click here. Through the findings of my brief internet search for information on these jerseys, it seems the 'Tour de France' jersey is of standard road cycling style, ie. slightly longer back and elasticated waist and sleeve hems. However, it would appear they're quite large sized (apparently the size large top has a 42" chest, for example) for cycle jerseys.

It would seem the 'Autobahn' tops are more of a mountain bike cut, with no elastication and are a little bigger still (size large, apparently, with a 44" chest measurement). Unfortunately, I was too lazy to try to find out any information on the other cycle jersey(s) there.

I'll probably not get one myself but I thought it might be of interest to any Kraftwerk fans, particularly with their cycling links.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have both the Tour De France and the Autobahn jerseys. The Tour De France is a regular cycling jersey, albeit quite thin and annoyingly without pockets, but the Autobahn is a huge, very loose fitting shirt, not suitable for cycling at all…

3Ply Stagliano said...

Thanks for letting me know that Andreas. I can see why not having pockets would be a bit annoying. It's a major design flaw. The Autobahn jersey sounds like it's pretty terrible. That's a shame.

I guess I'll wait for Jethro Tull to do some cycle jerseys then.

Anonymous said...

They seem to have upgraded the product range. Both TdF & Autobahn shirts now in cycling-fit jerseys and available with pockets.

http://www.klingklang.de/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3&zenid=7f21c611bfe3c29f4898c99f8872f6c4

Haven't got either so can't vouch for them, though.

Anonymous said...

Oops - new to this blogware so not sure how links work. That looks a mess.

How about this:

Autobahn shirt here