Monday, July 11, 2005

Comedy tanlines

Smashing things those comedy cycling tanlines, aren't they? Here are some of mine for your perusal. I hope you can snigger at them and get the same enjoyment my friends/family do from them. Incidentally, my feet aren't the tiny hooves they look like there. It's some sort of magic they call perspective. I don't understand it and it frightens me.

In the flesh, I'm a bit more of a 'bronzed hunky god' than this ie. I'm a little more tanned and the comedy value is increased as a result, but it might still raise a bit of a snicker.

Just for posterity, that's Kirby Girl in the background of the photo my silly arm tan. She looks like she's either skulking or sulking (possibly both) but she's resting after I dragged her up a steep hill on the hottest day we've had this year to date. There was me thinking that would be terribly romantic.

I tried to use some software to put a bit of a coloured filter over the picture, to demonstrate the true silliness of my tanlines but it didn't workwell at all and the effect was a bit lost. It did end up being a kind of silly looking colourisation, like the colourised version of Night of the Living Dead however.

I then made a little montage (of sorts) of the various different colours, which you should be able to see below. I suppose the big question is, is it art? More like a bit load of pish really but I spent at least a minute doing it and that's more than most of the writings I've done here have had in terms of forethought. For that reason alone, please enjoy my little animated tanline gif thing:

Incidentally, I'm not saying the little animation (above) looks good but it looks a bit better if you left-click on it and look at the proper version of it, rather than the 'snowy' one here.

No comments: