Sunday, March 11, 2012

Club Cycling

Today I went out with a cycle club for the first time in a few years. It wasn't the Belgian Beer Cafe Cycling Club; they're at the other side of the Earth. I just liked their wee picture and thought I'd nab it.

Anyway, yeppers, I went out with a cycle club today and, lo and behold, it was great. I (and my good lady) both enjoyed it. Despite my fears of 'Eek! I'll not be able to keep up' etc. I've returned, am still alive and didn't keep anyone back to the point where s/he hit or swore at me. I call that a resounding success.

It's looking very much like we might go club cycling again. This could be the start of something beautiful (as long as one completely misuses the word beautiful). Prior to this, my idea of a cycle club was eating a chocolate biscuit or drinking fizzy orange with bits in it while I'm on my bike.

In other news, er' indoors (or some other similar seventies, slightly misogynistic, term for a lady) is getting a new bike. All being well, that should be here within the next week or so and I'll be able to coerce her into more and more cycling. The downside of that is she's a bit fitter (a lot fitter if one means it in terms of attractiveness) than me at the moment anyway. I don't want her leaving me in a cloud of dust.

No comments: