Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cycling thoughts: 2 'Rain'

It's not a sophisticated thought. I'm not a sophisticated man. I barely pass for a man never mind the sophisticated bit.

The long and short of it is...

...I HATE RAIN


Okay okay, I see the point in rain. I like living in a country without serious water shortages, where crops grow well and suchlike. I don't, however, like being stuck in the house for a week, unable to cycle because it has rained almost constantly every single day.

The forecasts keep having a laugh at my expense; telling me 'Oh it's going to be dry the day after tomorrow, honest. Why don't you get all your cycling stuff together, plot a few routes and sure you'll have a great cycle in a couple of days' time'. Like the gullible muggins I am, I believe the forecast, prepare the relevant bits and bobs and get more excited than a middle-aged man should. With visions of slowly moving bicycles floating around in my head. Stoopid stoopid me! The forecast is a terrible liar. I've whinged about it before but I never learn.

Please think positive weather thoughts and help save my sanity (and waistline).

NB Yes, I know I could cycle in the rain but I'm a fair-weather lightweight when it comes to my cycling.

No comments: