Thursday, May 24, 2007

Moaning pain in the arse

Me being a moan about nothing? Surely not. This time my grump is about the new Eurosport/Yahoo website. I've got to say (Well, I don't 'have' to but I'm going to) I'm not greatly impressed. I know the information is all still there but it looks 'cheaper' than the Eurosport site did before Yahoo got in on the act. 'Cheaper' might seem like a stupid word to use when they were free anyway but I'm sure you know what I'm getting at.

Whilst on the subject of Eurosport, has anyone been watching the Giro? Blimey but there's a lot of falling over and sliding about in it. It's both scary and tantalising viewing. I don't want to see anyone get hurt and yet I can't draw myself away from watching the poor buggers slipping about all over the roads of Italy. Obviously I'm overdoing it somewhat there and there has only been a few major falls but they've been spectacular and poor Paolo Bettini has had the misfortune to get caught up in more than one simply by having someone right in front of him hit the deck. Ouch! Oddly enough, I think a Tinkoff cyclist may have been involved in the main two crashes I can think of. I could be wrong but I think that's the case. Oh, hang on. I am wrong. I think it was a Tinkoff cyclist who went down first yesterday (The finish line crash) but the big spill the other day was initiated by the Liquigas rider who was in the pink jersey at the time (Was it Gasparotto?). Silly me! Sorry Tinkoff.

I wouldn't fancy taking the tumbles some pro cyclists seem to be able to. Come to think of it, I'm sure they don't 'fancy' it much themselves. I think they probably go (Literally) about twice the speed I would (And at least twice the distance on any given stage/race day, racing up mountains I would get tired driving up) anyway so my likelihood of falling and injuries from it is probably considerably lower. So I hope. I did have a skid (At very low speed) along the road a few months ago and got a really itchy bruise from it. More annoyingly, the side of my pedal got all scraped. In good news (As has happened the couple of times I've come off) my bib-tights were perfectly fine. I didn't want to be in that situation where one's arse is hanging out the back. It's rather unseemly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, hairy male arses being bared in unseemingly ways is well, unseemingly.

On quite another topic, I like your favicon for PRK, I've attempted to make one for Wheels of Justice but it looks utter shite. Any tips?

3Ply Stagliano said...

I'm trying to remember how I did that one. I think I just made a bigger image then resized it. You're welcome to use my favicon if you like. It's not like anyone ever looks at PunctureRepairKit anyway so it's hardly associated with it. If you want it, it can be found here (If the link works).